Roofing & Waterproofing Field Reviews
When you are having your roof system or waterproofing system installed, you need to have a set of eyes reviewing the application of the system components. Who better than a trained Journeyman roofer who has taken on consulting as his profession!
We are all ticketed journeyman roofers and waterproofers with years of practical experience applying all types of roofing and waterproofing materials. Our field technicians are all accepted field reviewers for the RCABC, and are members of RCI, Inc. As an RRO (Registered Roof Observer), we are bound by a code of ethics and standards by which we are to conduct our site visits. we must be fair, impartial, and thorough at all times, so you can be confident that we are looking out for your best interests.
Our field technicians are continually educated in the newest methods and standards of practice in the industry. With continuing education courses required as part of our RRO designation, we are always front and centre of the ever changing roofing and waterproofing industry.
How it works:
- On the first day of work, we check the materials on site to see that they meet the specifications requirements, check that the foreman has the spec and understands it (you'd be surprised!), and go over any discoveries found once the roofing/waterproofing has been removed.
- We review the work in progress to see if the contractor is applying the correct materials, applying them as per the specifications guidelines, and has sufficient manpower on site to complete the work in a timely manner.
- Progress is documented and deficiencies are noted on the interim field review reports digitally, so they can be sent out quickly. Reports are usually sent to you within 24 hours of the site visit.
- Once the contractor declares that he has completed the work, and states that the work meets the specification in writing, we conduct a final review of the work where we check on previously noted issues and compile a punch list of deficiencies that the contractor must correct.
- Follow-up Post Final field reviews are conducted at the contractors expense, so you don't pay for their mistakes.